Wednesday, September 9, 2009

September 9, 2009 PM

Same as yesterday. (the walk)

The highlight of the commute was meeting a very excited young girl and her mom outside of Sevigny Studios. We all took pictures together and I learned she was in town for the Lion King and she plays the young Nala. After seeing her so smiley on the street, I would love to see her on stage.

One of the not-so-hot things about going back to the less glamorous lifestyle sans photographer is that you have to watch out for yourself. I figure one would have to be pretty bold to take out a stilter with a photographer in tow. The only reason I worry about this is because I have a mental movie of the story one of my mentors told me about stilting for a black tie event at the top of a very tall building in Chicago. He was greeting people by the elevator and out of nowhere he was tackled into a potted plant. So without being too paranoid, I judge the click click click or shuffle shuffle of feet behind me so as to be prepared for a potential hug to the knees. We all live with overblown fears.

The Cabin Fever gift shop has Alaska sweatshirts subtitled with “I can see Russia from my house”.

No comments:

Post a Comment